I saw a question and answer today: The salary of two people who have just retired is 6,000 yuan, and they want to travel in a caravan. Do you have any suggestions?
My advice to this reader is, swim slowly! Must be slow! If you travel from one scenic spot to another, like airplane and train travel, it may be difficult for you to pay this fee. If you travel 2,000 kilometers a month, even for a fuel-efficient Type B car, almost 2,000 yuan will be spent on fuel and tolls. So, be sure to swim slowly.
And RV travel, the essential way to play, is also slow travel! To experience the customs and customs of various places and understand the cultural characteristics of various places is not so much a trip as a journey of discovery directed by oneself. Take different roads, see different scenery, go to different places, and experience different cultures.
With this retirement salary, the road may be a little tighter. After all, living here not only needs to consider fuel and road expenses, but also vehicle maintenance, scenic spot tickets and other consumption expenses. But for RV travel, there are ways to play with more money, and ways to spend less money with less money! Summarize a few suggestions for reference:
1. Considering that the subject of the subject has already entered old age, it is quite necessary to prepare more medicines, such as high blood pressure medicines, quick-acting medicines, etc. Some medicines are really prepared. This is very important for the elderly, so let’s write it at the very beginning.
2. The national highway is the correct route for slow travel and residence, which saves a lot of high-speed fees. Another advantage is the replenishment. The national highway is basically a game of passing through the city and the village. The ingredients are almost replenished all the way. Cooking by yourself + experiencing the specialties of various places, this is absolutely impossible to experience when traveling at high speed.
3. Scenic spots, some scenic spots are too pitted, and you can’t see anything good if you spend money! No matter what scenic spot you want to go to, check the strategy online in advance, see what the friends who have been there have to say, and then decide whether to go or not. Some free scenic spots may not have good views, and some paid scenic spots are just to see people’s heads… Our RV travel actually has a great benefit, and no one usually talks about it! Our RV travel can bypass the unscrupulous scenic spots and the board and lodging of the slaughter! In some scenic spots with a strong commercial atmosphere, when it comes to holidays, there are sky-high hotels and sky-high restaurants. We can avoid these. Eat and live on your own, and don’t pay for unreasonable rip-off attractions.
4. For some niche models, when arranging travel routes, you should find a place for car maintenance and after-sales in advance. My car is Yufeng, and there are very few after-sales service points. When I was walking from Beijing to Anhui, I couldn’t find any after-sales service points on the road. It should be the first insurance for 5,000 kilometers, so I drove to a small 6,000. It is very troublesome to know that sometimes the maintenance mileage has passed.
5. Go south in winter, go north in summer, move with the seasons, and follow the route of rapeseed blooming. Generally, you can’t go wrong. Although all kinds of large lithium batteries + generators in RVs can guarantee normal power consumption without worry, it does not mean that the air conditioner can be used without restraint. The air conditioner in the RV is more of a function to meet unexpected needs, such as turning it on on a particularly sultry day. Usually still rely on fans + ventilation, and choose a cool place. In addition, the space of the RV is small. If you use an air conditioner, it is also recommended to use a circulating fan to vent the wind, otherwise the body will be very uncomfortable.
6. Make more use of public resources in various places, such as free parking lots in parks, museums and other places. These places generally have public toilets, which are conducive to sewage discharge. Of course, it does not mean that free is good. If there is a parking lot that can provide water and electricity, even if it is charged, it is reasonable. Don’t blindly reject RV camps, learn more about the price, some RV camps are very cheap. Go to some bigger cities, install an APP on your mobile phone to find charging piles, find some slow-charging charging piles, and make supplies for yourself.
7. For you and your lover, it is best to configure two mobile phone cards of different carriers, such as one for China Telecom and one for China Unicom. I have two mobile phones and three SIM cards in my car now. I am afraid that I will encounter places with no signal. Modern people will not be able to play anything without the Internet.
8. If it is a B-type car, the space of the car body is limited, so try to install enough solar energy. For Type C, it is better to abandon part of the skylight, and try to install more than 600W. If lithium battery is added in this way, the power will be saved a little and self-sufficiency can be achieved. At least make sure to park in one place for 3 to 4 days, don’t worry about electricity! The B-type car may be a bit more difficult, but the B-type car has an advantage. It can also be used for transportation in urban areas. It is almost used for walking every day, and it can also replenish part of the electricity.
9. If you often park in one place, I recommend that you install a trailer bar and bring an electric motorcycle or bicycle to facilitate short-distance travel while parking.
10. Before your long-term sojourn, you should take a short trip for a period of time to fully experience the life of living in a caravan, and bring the things that you really need to bring on the car. Some things that can be replenished on the road, and things that you can take with you, don’t take them with you. Added weight to the car. Daoyuan has no light debts, and many things are not needed on the road, and the increase in fuel consumption will not be worth the loss. In addition, for long-term travel, the storage space on the car is undoubtedly the most valuable, and you are not sure what local products you have taken a fancy to from other regions, are you? If you see it and buy it, you should have enough storage space to store it!
11. The last point, when refitting the caravan, the sewage problem must be considered, and the straight-line toilet is not allowed! Since you want to swim slowly, the parking time may be relatively long, so try to make the sewage tank as large as possible. There is a sentence that should not be said, but it must be said that civilized travel starts with me, and I try my best to keep people from being polluted and not to cause trouble for others.
The above are the 11 RV travel suggestions provided by First RV for this elderly car enthusiast. Since I am writing while thinking, there may be some things that are not well thought out, so I will add it when I think about it.
For car lovers who are interested in RV, please click to follow.
If you want to buy an RV, but don’t know how to choose, the following set of tutorials may help you.