The meaning of long-distance self-driving tour
because when you drive and walk in
When different road sections in different countries
yellow line in the middle of the road
is the main thread of the story
The surrounding scenery, people, villages, rivers along the way…
They are all characters and embellishments in this story
Every stone on the road, every inch of asphalt
They’re all telling you stories
Whether it is straight and smooth, or winding and rugged
If the road surface is uneven
Then the story here will attract you even more…
Laos, also known as Laos, is the only landlocked country in Southeast Asia with a population of more than 6.8 million. It is the most low-key country among the five socialist countries in the world and the last forest secret in Southeast Asia. It is like a paradise. A holiday paradise for Europeans and Americans.
Its folk customs are simple and honest, it is a thousand-year-old Buddha capital, it is a place where impetuousness is washed away and laziness becomes a kind of temperament, and it is also a place worth traveling with your heart.
In fact, just like the famous Laos iced coffee, it looks cold and bitter, but after tasting it, it will leave a touch of sweetness on the lips. Mystery, leisure, tranquility, and indifference to the world are precisely the best gifts this little Buddha country has given us.
D1: Depart from Changsha, Hunan, arrive at Kunming Airport, Yunnan, 1314 kilometers away
D2: From Kunming Airport, Yunnan, 700 kilometers to Xishuangbanna Mohan Port
It is recommended that brothers who travel by car find the customs clearance station on the right side of the customs to help with self-driving entry procedures.
They will prepare and fill in all customs clearance procedures for you, which can save you time in customs clearance.
1. Visa preparation materials
1. The validity period must be at least 6 months or more (counted from the last day of validity of the applied visa), and the passport has at least 2 blank pages for visa use.
2. Two two-inch (3.5cm×4.5cm) photos with white or blue background.
Tips: You can choose visa agency service, which is convenient, fast and affordable.
Visa on arrival: Travelers holding Chinese passports can obtain a visa on arrival by paying US$20 and two photos when transiting at the port.
2. Outbound China
1. After arriving at the border building at the port, get off the car and enter the border building together with the passengers. The counter on the right hand side after entering the lobby is for vehicle entry and exit procedures. Show your original driver’s license and driving license here, and inform the destination and return time, and apply for international road identification signs and driving permits (no charge).
2. After completing the above documents, buy Laos insurance in the next room. Laos insurance must be purchased, otherwise you will be fined if you are found (100% will be checked, the main job of the Lao traffic police is to fine).
The fee is RMB 70 for 7 days and RMB 90 for 15 days, depending on the itinerary.
3. After purchasing the insurance, go in the direction of the exit gate, there is a customs vehicle declaration counter, show the driving license, and apply for the customs vehicle inspection card, that is, vehicle declaration.
4. For the above three steps, the accompanying personnel other than the driver do not need to go through the process, just go directly to the exit gate and queue up to stamp the exit stamp.
The convoy goes through customs clearance procedures and purchases a Laos phone card to facilitate contact and navigation in Laos.
Exchange Lao currency here, and you will become a millionaire immediately. The minimum face value is 1,000kip, and the maximum face value is 100,000kip. If you remove 3 zeros, a 20% discount is equal to the face value of RMB, that is, 1,000kip=0.8 yuan, and 100,000kip=80 yuan.
Miss China Customs is seriously logging in the vehicle information
After exiting the Chinese border, go about 1 kilometer to reach Boten Port in Laos. All personnel get off the car and go to the house on the right in front to go through the immigration formalities.
3. Entry into Laos
1. Walk about 1 km to the Boten port in Laos after exiting the Chinese border.
2. At the entrance on the right side of the Boten Port Building, you need to buy a travel fund. The driver can buy it. The cost is 2 US dollars or 20 yuan or 20,000 old coins.
3. After entering the lobby of the building, there is a counter to apply for a Laos temporary driver’s license. You need to show a Chinese driver’s license and a photo of the certificate, and the fee is 40,000 old coins or 40 yuan.
Credentials are produced on site. It doesn’t matter if you don’t bring your ID photo, you can pay to read your passport photo on the spot and print it out. The cost is about 20,000-40,000 old coins.
4. After the driver’s license is ready, hand in your passport at the first window on the right side of the hall to apply for a visa on arrival (if you have not applied for a visa), and you will be charged 10,000 old coins per person for handing in your passport, and then wait for the visa to be made in the back window, and the visa on arrival The fee is RMB 250 or old currency 300,000 or USD 20.
5. After getting the visa on arrival, the entourage can directly show their passports and visa stamps at the front gate to pass the customs, and the fee is 20,000 old coins. When the driver goes out of the lobby, he will show his customs inspection card, passport, and stamped driving permit at the window of the gate on the outer driveway, and the fee will be RMB 40 or old coins 40,000. After the stamp is stamped, drive to the gate to stop for inspection and pass the customs.
All personnel go through the customs clearance procedures here. When passing the customs, please pay 20,000kip tips to the Lao customs officers, and the driver pays 40,000kip tips, and the driver returns to drive through the customs after completing the procedures.
15 large, 2 small and six vehicles all passed the customs and entered Laos
The convoy assembled at the entrance of Boding Jinglan Duty Free Shop
The four-star Jinglan Hotel in Boten is also worth recommending. Originally, Lu Shu wanted to stay here for one night, but decided to move on because he didn’t want to have too much travel tomorrow.
When leaving the country, you can buy duty-free goods such as tobacco and alcohol here to return to your country.
After passing the Boten Pass, go forward for about 5 kilometers, and there will be a white building, which is the Lao Customs.
Here, Chinese vehicles need to be declared and inspected. At the counter on the right, first copy the Chinese driving license and passport at window No. 1, then line up at the back window to prepare the vehicle declaration, and show the passport, Chinese driving license, driving permit and just A photocopy of it costs 50,000 old coins. If there are more large trucks entering Laos, the time here may be longer
Laos gas station
Due to the deviation of the navigation position, the convoy arrived in Muang Sai at 9:00 pm. Due to the change of the itinerary, no reservation was made in advance. After searching for several hotels, they finally found this hotel run by a Laotian
Simple English + Gestures + Calculator = 300000kip/room
Sichuan restaurant for dinner