Preparations before entering the sand:
1. Raise and straighten the seat so that the headrest is higher than the top of the head. Keep the line of sight high. Wearing a seat belt is common sense, so I won’t emphasize it too much.
2. The tire pressure is 0.8-1.0 before and 0.6-0.9 after. It is adjusted according to the softness and hardness of the sand and the season. The lower the tire pressure of Sa Yue soft tire, the faster the tire pressure rises in summer, and the second deflation can be considered. Vehicles with low torque can properly lower the tire pressure, which will be much more comfortable. In addition to reducing the pressure, the tire diameter is also reduced, which is equivalent to amplifying the engine power.
3. It is very important that the sign flag (fishing rod) should not be lower than 5 meters from the ground. Try to buy high-strength fishing rods. If the base of the steel pipe is short, it will be easily broken by strong winds. When fixing the small flag, wrap it with tape a few more times.
4. There must be a good chassis guard, and the front guard is preferably designed with ribs. If the stroke of the guard plate and the water tank is too small, it is easy to cause the water tank to leak in the case of scratching or speeding.
5. Most of the plastic front bumpers are relatively fragile. Except for protection when driving in the desert, it is best to have an overall metal front bumper for protection.
6. There must be a hand platform or a car platform. Preferably both.
7. Before entering the sand, engage the four-wheel drive lock center differential (4HLC), and turn off the side slip (note that it must be turned off again every time the vehicle is restarted). The high four-hand gear is 123 (or the low four is 345, which is actually mastered according to different models), and the speed is 2500-4000. Try to keep the speed in the optimal range of torque.
8. Cover the air inlet with one or two layers of stockings. Trunk items secured. The front windshield removes all items that block the view and can fall.
9. There are sometimes errors between the coordinate points of the Ovid map and Jiaming. There are three formats of latitude and longitude, respectively, in degree format, degree-minute format, and degree-minute-second format. Look at the separation points in the data. When looking for each other, they should be adjusted to the corresponding format.
Now Beidou has handheld terminals that can communicate with mobile phones in short texts, which are cheaper than satellite phones, and you can pay attention to them yourself.
Things in progress:
1. No amount of theory is as good as accumulating miles in the desert. Quantitative change to qualitative change is an unchanging truth. The real masters have accumulated tens of thousands of kilometers or even tens of thousands of kilometers. It is normal for a novice to walk less than ten kilometers a day.
2. Many characteristics of driving in the desert are contrary to road driving, and it is necessary to experience and master it from scratch. The sand resistance is high, and the pine oil car will be slow. Use the accelerator as much as possible to control the vehicle, use the brake sparingly, and use the brake when necessary. Tight sand and slow water, only by maintaining speed can the vehicle be effectively controlled. It is very normal for the body to roll 30 to 40 degrees in the desert, but this situation is a precursor to a rollover when driving on the road. The right foot will habitually step on the brake and turn up the direction. The novice hangs on the side slope and the knife beam like this. Relatively dangerous.
3. When you first enter, the sand beam should go from low to high, and the side slope angle should be small to large, so don’t get too excited. You don’t need to be deliberate about rolling the slope and rolling the beam. The mileage car feels it, and it will happen naturally. When on a side slope, try to get as high as possible, so that you have enough potential energy to make movements and choose routes.
4. Take the path that you can see or judge. The desert looks soft and beautiful, but in fact it is extremely strong. Get stuck in the car and try to retreat immediately, change the route and move on. It is not good for the tires to turn the direction early and slow down. Reverse to keep the vehicle vertical. When the speed is fast, try not to press the grass. Grass roots are hard and will bounce tires. When following a car, the swing of the flagpole of the car in front will tell you the road conditions, and the continuous sand dunes on the left and right of your line of sight will also give you a rough idea of the situation ahead.
Driving in the desert is the control of the accelerator and direction. Going with the trend is the kingly way. The side slope loses power and the direction is always downhill. Even if there is a shithole underneath, it is better than a rollover. The choice of the lesser of two powers harming each other will often be encountered. If you keep up with the masters who are good at technology and are willing to wait for you to teach you, you will get twice the result with half the effort. This kind of desert mileage is very efficient.
5. Don’t rush hard on the big knife beam that can’t go up, it can go around. The large and small beams pass through at an acute angle as far as possible, go high and not go low, have a good line of sight, and don’t drive fast. Especially for long wheelbase vehicles, beam rolling skills are more important. The sharper the beam, the smaller the angle of entry.
6. When you first enter the desert, you can pass the knife beam vertically to find the feeling, but with the accumulation of experience, basically all the beam heads are rolled over, which is safe and dry. Of course, the structure of the desert is different, and what method is used to cross the beam Be practical.
7. If the car is flying, don’t step on the brakes subconsciously, you should continue to refuel or not step on the brakes. This kind of forward rolling and overturning caused by stepping on the brakes is too numerous to enumerate. Compared with a rollover that loses power on a side slope, this kind of forward rollover may cause personal injury and should be avoided as much as possible. This is what Ningdan Wufei prevents. Don’t step on the brakes. Saying it to novices is tantamount to saying nothing. You can only understand this sentence after you have accumulated a certain mileage and have a sense of the car.
8. If it is hung on the knife beam obliquely, if possible, don’t release the oil immediately, and continue to add oil to make the vehicle straighter or scratch the tires into the sand, which is convenient for towing and safer.
9. Drag and drop. It is best to lower the four, stretch the rope straight and then pull it. The car is your own, and so is the engine. It is best to have a veteran present when towing at a large inclination angle, because there are too many overturned cars. Do not tighten all the threads of the U buckle, loosen half of the buckle after tightening, otherwise it may not be able to be removed. The tow rope is knotted and can be untied by lightly hitting it with a hammer.
10. Stop. Don’t stop in ruts. If you park behind a sand dune with poor visibility, you must first warn the vehicle behind you, and then drag or handle it. Especially the rear car has bad vision, and it is impossible to stop when crossing the sand beam. It is okay to collide with a car, but it is a tragedy to hit a person.
11. People do not stay behind sand beams with bad sightlines. After experiencing a lesbian going to the toilet, a car suddenly turned over from behind the sand beam, both of them were terrified.
12. When entering the desert for the first time, master the sense of rhythm. Look at the instrument panel when you stop, the four-wheel drive water temperature fault code, the tension of the process will make people not notice these seemingly ordinary things. A long contact is a playful mentality. People need to rest, and so do cars.
13. When choosing your own path, leave room. In case of a sudden loss of power, an alternate route can be used to ensure safety.
Things to do after leaving the sand:
1. Do not open the sunroof before washing the car. Check the two air filters and the chassis when there is sand.
2. If the air conditioner is turned on in the sand, turn off the outdoor air intake.
3. If the car is being towed, the window can be opened a slit, so as to hear the sound outside.
4. In addition to the shovel air pump tow rope, etc., it is recommended to prepare a small brush. It can clean the edge of the interior, and clean the sand beside the hub when the ring is taken off.
5. Protect the SLR lens. Appropriately shorten the oil and gearbox oil change mileage.
6. The most indispensable tool is a shovel. The basic principle of digging sand from a stuck car is to dig out the chassis thoroughly, and when all four wheels are working hard, the oil will come out with one kick. The angle between the shovel handle and the shovel head should not be too large, and should be as straight as possible.
7. The built-in tire pressure monitoring device may be placed on the tire when it is off the ring, causing damage.
8. If you don’t have enough concentration, don’t take girls with you in the co-pilot (wife doesn’t count). Especially those who rushed a small slope and screamed and moaned rhythmically. Too many masters fell on it, and there were countless rollovers. The heroes were sorry.
9. No one checks for drunk driving in the desert. If you guarantee that you will not lose control while drinking and driving, then you can. Otherwise, please be careful.
—Not only in the desert, no matter where, inexperienced courage is not advisable.